The Citizen Science and Smart Cities Summit was held in ISPRA at the Joint Research Center of the European Commission from 5-7 February 2014. The focus of the summit was to:
- Explore the interoperability and reusability of data across citizen-centred projects (technical, organizational, legal perspectives)
- The relationships between Smart Cities and Citizen-centred projects
- The interoperability with official data infrastructures, such as the Infrastructure for Spatial Information in Europe (INSPIRE) of which JRC is the technical coordinator.
The agenda for the meeting can be found here.
Participants from COST Action TD1202
Maria Brovelli, Italy
Jeremy Morley, UK
Linda See, Austria
Members from COST Action IC1203 ENERGIC also participated in this meeting so it was another opportunity for the members from both COST Actions to interact.
Presentations by COST members
- Overview of the COST Action TD1202 Mapping and the Citizen Sensor [pdf]
- Politecnico Milano: Policrowd [pdf]
- Cities Geo-Wiki [pdf]
- Meeting report [pdf]